No products in the cart.
Baby Wrap Carrier
Our Baby Wrap Carrier is made of a light 100% cotton fabric, more suited to warmer climates, with an added extra support layer to ensure a snug fit for your baby. It is fully adjustable ensuring a perfect fit every time. The Baby Wrap Carrier will enable you to ‘wear’ your baby without the fuss of clasps or buckles and your baby simply goes with you as you carry on with your day to day activities. It’s great to be able to wear and not wheel your baby around!
The Baby Sense Baby Wrap Carrier is a versatile carrier, which is fully adjustable ensuring a perfect fit every time. This one size versatility fits all caregivers and grows with your baby, and the wide shoulder support evenly distributes weight across entire back and hips. The tapered ends make wrapping easier, there is less fabric to handle and it allows for ease of movement when wrapped.
- Comfortable: The Baby Wrap Carrier is comfortable and easy to wear for extended periods of time, designed to use your entire back and shoulders to hold the weight of your baby. The natural fibers of the 100% cotton fabric ‘breathes’ well.
- Secure: Your baby is secured by three sections of fabric for triple-wrapped security. The Baby Wrap Carrier’s stretch and wide width also ensures that your baby is held close and kissable. When sleeping, the back of your baby’s head can also be secured under the cotton fabric (for added safety).
- Be uniquely close to your baby: Your baby can hear your heartbeat and find comfort in the touch of your body within the cuddly comfort of the Baby Wrap Carrier.
- Optimal ergonomic fit: Wraps for optimal ergonomic positioning of baby, the ‘M’ position with knees up above bum, which naturally places less weight and strain on baby’s developing hips. International Hip Dysplasia Institute
Popular Baby Wrap Carrier positions
- Skin-to-skin: Skin-to-skin contact is used to promote parent/infant bonding, especially for premature babies. It is the practice of holding an infant dressed only in a nappy against a parent’s bare chest. Through contact with parent’s skin, babies experience better regulated temperature and lowered stress levels, among other essential benefits for newborns.
- Calm: There is overwhelming evidence that babies who are carried on their mothers are significantly calmer than babies who aren’t, and sleep better at night when carried during the day. The Baby Wrap Carrier mimics the calming environment of the womb. The feeling of being rocked, the soft, snug feel of the Baby Wrap Carrier, and the sounds of your body (heartbeat & voice) help to calm your baby. Snug and close to you, your baby is in a familiar womb-like environment.
- Convenience: Carrying your baby, as well as being able to get on and do essential chores, or just go for a walk, is a balancing act. The Baby Wrap Carrier keeps your baby content while freeing up your hands to ‘get things done’. The convenience goes as far as allowing you to feed discreetly while wearing your baby.
Open the Baby Wrap Carrier and find the front panel. Place the panel at the center of your waist and wrap the fabric around towards your back.
Cross fabric over each shoulder, bring it up and over to the front. Try not to let the fabric twist. Don’t worry if the fabric bunches up.
Tuck the two sides of the fabric under the section around your waist.
Pull the two pieces down so that the front panel begins to rise. The fabric should fit snugly around your chest as it will stretch around your baby.
Cross the pieces, bring them around your waist and behind your back. Remember, your baby is going to be positioned where the cross is. The fabric should fit snugly as it will stretch.
Cross the fabric around your back.
Bring the fabric around your waist again and tie it securely with a double knot.
Baby should stay close to your body, and fit snugly in.
Support baby with one hand and lean forward. Your Baby Wrap Carrier is too loose if baby moves away from your body.
Bring front panel down to baby’s mid-back. Insert your hands through side of Baby Wrap Carrier and adjust baby. If you can’t, baby is wrapped too tight.
After checking that baby is wrapped correctly and you are happy that baby is safe and comfortable, pull the front panel back up to secure your baby’s shoulders.
Lower the front panel below baby’s bottom. Open fabric, carefully supporting baby as you do this. Newborns will need additional head support.
Lift baby straight up and out of the Baby Wrap Carrier. Keep baby close to your body as you lift up.
How to tie your Baby Wrap Carrier
You probably won’t get it right the first time. It takes some practice, but once you get it right, you will never want to carry your baby any other way.
How to check that baby is wrapped correctly
How to take your baby out
HINT: Keep your Baby Wrap Carrier on, and then baby can go back in when ready.
Newborn Cradle Hold
Newborn Hug Hold
The American Society for Testing and Materials recommends obtaining advice from a healthcare professional before using a baby carrier for pre-term babies or babies under 3.6kg.
Important to remember:
Failure to follow each of the following warnings and instructions can result in serious injury or death.
FALL HAZARD – Infants can fall through a wide leg opening or out of carrier.
- Adjust leg openings to fit baby’s leg snugly.
- Before each use, make sure all fasteners are secure.
- Take special care when leaning or walking.
- Never bend at waist; bend at knees
- Only use this carrier between 3.6kg/7.9lb and 13kg/28.7lb.
SUFFOCATION HAZARD – Infants less than 4 months can suffocate in this product if face is pressed tight against your body.
- Do not strap infant too tight against your body.
- Allow room for head movement.
- Keep infant’s face free from knots at all times.
- Never leave infant unattended in carrier.
- Ensure you can always see your infants face.
IMPORTANT: Infant must face towards you until he/she can hold head upright. Seek advice from a health care professional if uncertain. Read instructions for additional warnings and recommended guidelines. Keep packaging for future reference.