No products in the cart.
Aimed at families facing separation and divorce, this book will be enormously helpful for parents confronted with the challenges of traumatic change and the need to adjust their family’s boundaries. Using her many years of practical experience in the field, highly regarded counsellor Anne Cawood will empower you to contain your children’s anxiety and feelings of insecurity and to re-establish a measure of equilibrium as effectively as possible.
Using loads of case studies from her extensive files, she highlights the following:
- How, when and where to inform your children in an age-appropriate and honest way
- Emotional support for you, the parent
- The ‘how to’ of active listening, anger management and clear, firm and consistent boundary setting
- The legal process and the New Children’s Act – which emphasizes the best interests of the child
- Co-parenting agreements
- Ongoing relationships with extended family and the introduction of new partners
- Advice to step parents and parents who were never married before their separation
|Dimensions||1 x 25 x 18 cm|
Softcover with flaps