No products in the cart.
Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket
The award winning Baby Sense Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket is the ultimate swaddling blanket. Its secure design creates a cozy, womb-like feeling for baby and prevents the involuntary, jerky movement of the arms and legs of young babies that can wake up your infant. The clever heart shape is designed for a snug fit with a neck area cut out so that their arms can be snugly wrapped near to the body and face with no need for poppers, Velcro or ties. The deep hug of the stretchy cotton imitates the womb environment that ensures your baby feels as cozy and secure as those last days in the womb.
The Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket’s secure design prevents the startle reflex* that can wake up your infant. The clever heart shape is designed for a snug fit with a neck area cut out so that their arms can be snugly wrapped near to the body and face with no need for poppers, Velcro or ties. The deep hug of the stretchy cotton imitates the womb environment that ensures your baby feels as cozy and secure as those last days in the womb.
*Startle reflex or Moro reflex is an involuntary, jerky movement of the arm and legs that is outgrown between 3-6 months
- breathable: 100% cotton and moisture wicking fabric that helps reduce the risk of overheating
- safe: No poppers, Velcro or ties to ensure you can’t swaddle too tight
- practical: Perfectly heart shaped that is suitable for over and under arm swaddling
- comfy: The natural stretch of the fabric recreates the comforting and soothing feeling of being in the womb
- durable: Machine washable stretchy cotton that keeps its shape
- Sleep: The evidence is overwhelming that babies who are swaddled sleep longer and better. Swaddling inhibits the immature startle reflex – a common cause of night wakings in young
- Calm: Swaddling is the best way to imitate the tight hug of the womb environment. It provides deep pressure (the feeling of a consistent firm cuddle) which is why swaddled babies cry significantly less. Swaddling is thus an excellent solution for a colicky baby
- Feeding: Difficult feeders, especially those who fight at the breast, tend to feed better with more coordinated sucks and swallows when they are swaddled. (Journal of Human Lactation, 2001)
- Lie the baby with her neck on the cut out section of the Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket, indicated with the baby face label
- Fold the lower tip of the Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket upwards
- Wrap the short side of the Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket over the baby’s torso with her hand positioned near her face
- Wrap her other arm near the face against the body and continue to wrap right round the baby with the elongated side of the Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket
The Cuddlewrap Swaddle Blanket can be used from newborn to around 3 – 4 months of age, depending on the baby’s size. At around this age, most babies outgrow swaddling and no longer need to be swaddled for sleeps.
Failure to follow each of the following warnings and instructions can result in serious injury or death.
- Do not allow swaddle to cover infant’s face or restrict air flow.
- Ensure swaddle is not too tight by slipping your hand between infant and swaddle; it should feel snug but not uncomfortable.
- Always place swaddled infant on their back to sleep and not on soft surfaces such as a couch, air mattress, etc.
- Do not use swaddle when using products with restraints such as car seats, strollers, swings, etc.
- Let swaddle cool after leaving in sun, hot car or hot room.
- Use discretion when using any covering when it is a hot day. Take care and periodically monitor that infant is not overheated.
- Discontinue swaddling when infant shows signs of rolling over or easily breaks out of swaddle, as this forms loose fabric in sleeping environment which may obstruct breathing of infant.
- Always remove swaddle from crib when not in use.
Seek advice from a health care professional if uncertain. Read instructions for additional warnings and recommended guidelines. Keep packaging for future reference.