No products in the cart.
Feeding, sleeping and stimulating your baby are all part of the daily and busy routine of parenthood. The Baby Sense App will make your live a little easier, because unlike other “one size fits all” Apps, it helps you to develop a personalised routine for your baby based on their age and feeding methods, and includes helpful tips and medically sound advice along the way, relative to their life stages – an App that turns your phone into an expert guide for each day of your baby’s first year.
- Trusted: The app was developed by baby care and parenting experts based on the bestselling baby care books; Baby Sense, Sleep Sense and Feed Sense and informed by current medical advice on nutrition and development.
- Recommended routine daily: Using your baby’s individual sleep and feeding data you input as well as your baby’s age, the App generates a suggested routine for sleep, feed and stimulating activities.
- Sleep: This feature provides valuable information of optimal sleep times, how to settle your baby and what you can expect in terms of night sleep and wakings based on your baby’s age.
- Feed: The feed information is generated according to your feeding preferences (breast, bottle and/or solids) but is strongly informed by safe and recommended feeding practices. The feeding section not only has times for feeds, but also handy tips on increasing breast milk supply and how to know if your baby is satisfied.
- Development: Offering daily age appropriate activities that will mentally stimulate their little minds.
- Shopping list: It creates a weekly shopping list that you can download or email to yourself to ensure you purchase all the necessary ingredients for the week to make nutritious meals, as well as provides a shopping list of all the products needed for play activities.
- Vaccination: A vaccination reminder reminds you when the next vaccination is due based on your countries vaccination requirements.
- Tips and advice: Appropriate tips and medically approved articles according to your baby’s age and needs are generated weekly, with links to the website babysense.com to keep you informed and up-to-date about each developmental stage.
- Weight tracker: Records your baby’s weight gain over time so that you can track their growth and progress.
- Photo album: A gallery which enables you to load as many images as you like, which will then be recorded and dated, creating a wonderful keepsake album for the first year of your baby’s life.
THE FULL-VERSION OF THIS APP IS FREE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER WHICH ALL FEATURES EXCEPT THE ROUTINE WILL BE DISABLED. SLEEPING, FEEDING, STIMULATION, HEALTH INFORMATION AND ALL OTHER FEATURES OF THIS APP CAN BE PERMANENTLY ENABLED BY UPGRADING TO THE PREMIUM VERSION.
Simply fill in all the personal details about your baby in the space provided. It’s important to be as accurate as possible; as this information will be used to calculate the personalized guidelines for sleep, development, vaccinations and feeding (you will be amazed to see what a difference a few weeks can make).
If your baby was born premature, be sure to note this in the blocks provided. Their adjusted age will be taken into account when setting up their personalized schedule.
Also highlight how you would like to receive your data as it can either be provided in metrics (kg & cm) or imperial (pounds & inches).
It’s also important to select the correct country as some of the information provided, such as the vaccination schedule, is based their respective recommendations and requirements.
Please note that if your country is not listed, it means that the App does not carry the vaccination data for your area. It would be advisable to speak to your caregiver for the most accurate information.
- To ensure you get the full benefit of the App it’s important to keep updating your baby’s personal details. Click on the BABY DATA button when you notice any change in your baby’s routine, especially baby’s time of waking in the mornings. You may be surprised to see how rapid the changes can occur, so we recommend that you try and update your information as frequently as possible (on a weekly basis as a minimum).
- If there’s a big milestone reached, such as introducing solids or changing from breastfeeding to formula, click on the BABY DATA button to update the relevant information. This allows the App to adjust the schedule to supply you with the most up-to-date feeding routine.
- The information provided by you will help the App generate a guideline for sleep, feeds and play personalized to your unique baby.
- Navigate to more detail on the specific sleep, play or feed suggestion as per your daily routine.
- The App also keep a record of your baby’s weight gain so after a visit to your health care provider make sure you plug in the relevant details as a record.
- A list of useful articles according to your baby’s age and needs is generated weekly, with links to the website babysense.com.
The App will work on any iPhone or iPad running iOS5.0 or newer. Please upgrade your software to the latest available and it should work optimally.
The full version is installed when you purchase the free App. This remains on your device for 2 months so that you can experience all the App has to offer. Thereafter, the premium information is blocked and you can only access the free content. When you purchase the premium version, you automatically have on-going access to the recipes, routines and information.
I downloaded the app but there seems to be a problem with it because it does not update the info daily as said. Thus info like daily routine is the same.
The App updates the general routine information weekly, and the recipes and play activities daily.
When I change 'awake time' of my child on the baby info page, it does not change it accordingly on the schedule page?
The only place you can change the awake time is on the Baby Data page. You input the time of waking in the morning (AM) and your baby’s age. The App will determine the schedule for the day based on the info provided.
The App will give you age appropriate guidelines as to when your baby should go to bed. Sleep times cannot be changed and are based on your baby’s age appropriate awake time.
My 5 month old premature baby is on solids, even with the solids box ticked, the schedule that comes up does not take this into account?
If your baby was born premature it will not allow solids to be loaded until the baby’s adjusted age is 17 weeks.
The App is automatically set to introduce solids at 6 months of age as we do not recommend the later introduction, except if later introduction is recommended by your healthcare provider.
The recipes and routines are on the App you have already. If your baby has not started solids, the recipes won’t appear yet.
Love the App, just very disappointed that it won’t let me use it once my child reaches a year old though, what is the reason?
We have only launched Baby Sense for babies under a year of age, but we will certainly look at extending the age band.
These are measurement indicators it T for tablespoon and t for teaspoon.