No products in the cart.
Reflux really does play havoc with our baby’s sleep and causes them to fuss more and may even result in feeding issues at times.
Here are a few tips to help you cope with reflux:
- Occasionally reflux is related to lactose intolerance and it is worth just trying to rule this out. If you are breastfeeding, cut out dairy in your diet for a week and see if that helps. If you are using formula, try a lactose free or soya variety.
- Use the Losec as it really does help.
- Feed in a quiet sensory environment and keep your baby upright after the feed. Over stimulation causes increased likelihood of positing, as does lying horizontal.
- Raise the head of your cot mattress with a wedge and let your baby sleep on his tummy when you are around. • Make sure you stick to the awake time appropriate for your baby’s age as he may be over stimulated and thus not falling into a deep sleep.
- Don’t worry about holding your baby to help him sleep, you cannot spoil your baby at this age. But whenever he is comfortable enough to be put down, put him down to sleep.
- Once he is asleep use white noise and a weighted blanket to help him sleep a little deeper.